You actin' kinda shady, say the 7th of April 2000 edition of Top of the Pops!
Name that tune
7-4-2000: Presenter: Gail Porter
(2) MELANIE C. feat. LISA ‘LEFT EYE’ LOPES – Never Be The Same Again
Last week's number one getting the show underway.
(16) B*WITCHED – Jump Down
Performing their eighth and final hit and it was at its peak.
(3) DESTINY’S CHILD – Say My Name
Here in the studio tonight but the song got no higher.
(4) MOLOKO – The Time Is Now
A second studio performance but the song had already peaked at number 2.
(6) ATOMIC KITTEN – See Ya
With their second of thirteen top ten hits but this one got no higher.
(23) IDLEWILD – Actually It’s Darkness
Here with their third of thirteen top 40 hits and it was at its peak.
(5) SANTANA – Smooth
Had already peaked at number 3.
(1) WESTLIFE – Fool Again (and credits)
One week at number one.

For me the obvious highlight was Moloko. Fine single and Roisin as effortlessly charismatic as she can never fail to be whenever on TV. I loved the wind blowing in her hair throughout the performance.
ReplyDeleteSeeing the same single performed twice in a row n a TV schedule remains an odd experience but 'Never Be The Same Again' is a good single and I can appreciate Mel C's sweet smile and Lisa's appearance from behind a screen, even while experiencing the effects of deja vu.
Idlewild was a pleasant suprise for a now very conventional looking format though I never thought much of them.
Always good to see Destiny's Child in the Totp studio and 'Say My Name' is a very catchy and sweetly witty song. I always liked the strange far off echo at certain moments in the verses. It hasn't aged at all to my ears though maybe it should. Three singers behind her. I always thought they were a trio.
I didn't watch Westlife as I suddenly realised I had to do absolutely anything else.
TOTP New Chart: Last Episode!
ReplyDeletehttps://fromsmash.com/TOTP-New-Chart-26-03-2000
https://fromsmash.com/TOTP2-29th-March-and-4th-April-2000
Thanks Rob!
DeleteThanks Rob!!!
DeleteThanks Rob
Delete